Hi everyone, sorry I’ve been so inconsistent with my posts lately! I hope this recipe will make it up 🙂
Firstly! I have no idea what to call this recipe, I don’t even know where I got it from exactly, just something I created with what I had left in the Kitchen! All you need is 4 ingredients & a blender
This recipe is vegan & gluten free and tastes amazing – I promise! It also soooo filling and full of AMAZING nutrients, which ‘ll share in a second… but 1st let’s look at what you will need:
What you need:
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or agave, honey – whatever sweetener you prefer
- Handful of dates!
- & a blender!
Why chickpeas are so good for you:
- Eating chickpeas provides you with a vegetarian-friendly source of protein
- Rich source of fiber. Which helps keep your colon healthy & helps soften stool to fight constipation
- Also contain vitamins and minerals and significantly boost your intake of manganese and folate. The mineral manganese helps support bone development and wound healing and also helps carry out chemical reactions important to your metabolism.
**** Yes chickpeas might be caloric dense but they are worth it cause they are nutrient dense as well… One-half cup of cooked chickpeas has barely a trace of fat, yet provides 7 grams of protein and 22 grams of energy-providing complex carbohydrates. Don’t be terrified of carbs! Trust me there are not the enemy! These magic pill! Will keep you satisfied and trust me you won’t be craving anything unhealthy if you make sure you give your body all the nutrients it needs J
Research found the following:
Study participants, who ate a half cup of chickpeas containing 6 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein daily, consumed fewer calories from high fat, low fiber foods; but once they stopped eating the beans, the participants began to snack more on less healthy fare.
Why Tahini is also amazing for you:
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- It’s a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium out there.
- It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Helps to promote healthy cell growth.
- Prevent anemia.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
- It is high in unsaturated fat (good fat!)
Now back to the recipe and what you need to do… 🙂
- Drain your can of chickpeas and place in a blender
- Add some water to make the blender process easier for you blender! Just make sure you don’t add too much – you want a nice thick consistency not a soup! Blend for few seconds
- Pour in a bowl
- Add your pitted dates
- Add your tahini and syrup
- & enjoy!
So simple, so easy to make and tastes AMAZING!!
Hope you like this recipe as much as I do. You can have this for breakfast, pre workout snack or even for dessert! Basically whenever you want to have it J
P.S if you have a suggestion to what I can call this recipe let me know in the comments below!
Lots of Love,